CPO┬« certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. The Certified Pool/Spa Operator┬« certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 342,623 successful CPO┬« certifications in 86 countries. Many state and local health departments accept the CPO┬« certification program.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO┬« certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatics industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. This training has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
- The CPO┬« certification program requires participation in either a two-day class (14-16 hours) taught by a certified instructor or the blended format that combines the online Pool Operator PrimerÔäó and one day of the Pool Operator FusionÔäó class of instruction
- The CPO┬« certification program includes pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements
- The CPO┬« certification program requires an open book written examination
- The CPO┬« certification is valid for five years
- Proven educational tool
- Widely accepted by local and state authorities
- Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
- Comprehensive handbook that is updated regularly
- All courses are taught by NSPF┬« certified instructors
- The CPO┬« certification is recognized nationally and internationally
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operatorÔÇÖs role in pool care, management and risk reduction
- The CPO┬« Certification program is now eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)